“ORIENTAL GROUP” the most sought after name for quality education has one more feather in its cap. It has been given the University status under section 2f of UGC, 1956 Act with effect from May’ 2011. Having clinched the University status, the philosophy of Oriental University (OU) is to contribute in a broader sphere, thereby offering diverse courses in energy, civil aviation, refinery, environment, infrastructure sectors. The tenet with which Oriental University is marching forward is to develop responsible professionals who could be easily deployed in the industry.
Oriental Group is one of the top name in education at Madhya Pradesh since 1995. We have a proven education system for training delivery. Education is all about creating an ambiance of academic freedom, where bright minds meet, discover and learn. After having established Nine professional colleges (Five Engineering, One Advanced Computer Application, Two Pharmacy and One Management studies) the ORIENTAL GROUP, recognized as a premier educational group of Central India and enjoying national ranking, the Founders of Devi Shakuntala Thakral Charitable Foundation, have setup ORIENTAL UNIVERSITY, established by an Act of Madhya Pradesh Vidhan Sabha under Section 2f of UGC Act, 1956.Oriental University is the first Private University in Indore.
Oriental University is spread over 100 acres of lush green sprawling campus on Indore-Ujjain highway near international airport and new proposed railway station. The University is designed by the most eminent contractors of modern India, M/S Hafeez Contractors of Mumbai. Currently the University’s exquisite infrastructure, houses spacious classrooms with latest teaching aids, well-equipped laboratories and workshops.
OU combines innovative teaching and pioneering research in a highly collaborative environment that transcends traditional academic boundaries. It provides student and faculty exceptional opportunities for intellectual, professional and personal growth. The research activities will not be confined to engineering and pure & applied sciences, rather it’ll cover social sciences such as Geography, history, Philology and literature. The curriculum adopted is industry-specific and OU plays a vital role in bridging the long gap between the extremely demanding corporate and an obsolete curriculum running in many universities.
To provide a distinctively – Indian environment of educational excellence while challenging the academically accelerated individual and accelerating the academically challenged individual.
- To promote the value of learning, self growth among students and staff, quality performance among students and staff, and transition for students to productive and responsible participation in society.
- To promote a safe and stimulating environment for bright and curious students to interact with and learn from each other.
- To entertain students with educational offerings that provides fun learning opportunities.
- To provide a creative and rewarding work environment for all employees.
Why Oriental University?
- Premier Institute of Higher Education & Research.
- Excellent track record for conduction campus placement events year after year.
- Dynamism in Curriculum.
- State of the art infrastructure, laboratories, libraries, classrooms.
- Highly qualified & experienced faculty.
- Leadership in quality education.
- Excellent boarding & lodging facilities.
- Round the clock high class perimeter security.
- University ensures absolutely ragging free environment.
- Strong industry-university interface ensuring excellent placement and training of students.
- Leadership in quality education.
- The pedagogy policy of university has its root in slogan, “Empowering India Through Education”