Oriental University, Indore students must abide by the rules and regulations of the University. The University authority may take disciplinary action if any student violates the institute rules and regulations. Students are advised to adhere to the rules and regulations of the University and discharge their responsibilities as a student with diligence, fidelity and honor. The rules and regulations are categorized into three categories as mentioned below. Students are required to follow these rules and also have to submit bond of good conduct.
OUI General Rules and Regulations for Students
- Students shall behave with dignity and courtesy inside and outside the University.
- Students shall observe strict modesty in dress. Boys can wear formal dress (Trousers & Shirt), Jeans and Shirt. Girls can wear Salwar-Suit, Jeans and Shirt or Kurta.
- Students should wear identity cards inside the campus and also when attending any meetings outside the campus. I-Cards are to be worn round the neck and this drill is compulsory. Any violation of these orders will lead to disciplinary
- Possession of mobile phones during the University hours in the campus is strictly prohibited. Anybody found with a mobile, a fine of Rs.5000/- and deduction of marks from general proficiency will be
- Students are not allowed to leave the institute premises during the University timings. If a student wants to leave the campus for some valid reasons before the closing of University timing he/ she has to get the Gate Pass.
- Students shall not entertain visitors without prior permission in the campus. Students are expected to read notices/circulars displayed on the University notice board. Ignorance of not
reading any notice/circular displayed shall not be accepted as an excuse for failing to comply with the directions contained in it.
- Spitting, smoking and throwing bits of paper inside the University campus are harmful and must be avoided. Refrain from possessing, consuming or distributing alcohol, harmful drugs, narcotics, ghutkas, chewing gums and smoking cigarettes. Any violation of these orders will lead to disciplinary.
- Do not possess firecrackers of any kind in the hostel and University.
- Do not smear colored powder and splash color water in the guise of festivals and functions on or during any other occasion in the hostel or University.
- Do not scribble on the desks or the black board or on the walls of the University.
- Students are forbidden from entering the University office during unspecified.
- Students are advised not to harm the reputation of the University or individual (fellow students and University staff) through social and electronic.
- Respect the University property. Destroying or damaging the University property is punishable. Students should not destroy/ damage/ deface, remove the University property, disturb or injure a person under the pretext of celebrating/inducting/pledging or for any other reason like rivalry etc. The cost of any damage so caused will be recovered from the students collectively if the responsibility for it cannot be fixed on any individual or group.
- It is unlawful for any person to mutilate any tree, shrub, or herbaceous plant or remove any identification sign or tag attached.
- Students are not allowed to convene any kind of meeting in the campus or any sort of fund collected without the permission of the HOD/ Dean or to circulate/display any kind of notice among students or on black boards or on notice board without the written permission of the HOD/ Dean. No information or report should be sent to press or board-casting agencies and placement companies without the permission and approval of the HOD/ Dean.
- Do not be a part of any union or group or organization. Any move to form unions or groups of any type unauthorized by the Management and the Dean is an offense. Students are strictly forbidden from engaging themselves in any political or other activities. Gathering in groups at roads, entrance, exit, pathways, gardens etc, is strictly prohibited.
- Students shall not indulge in any kind of misdemeanor bringing opprobrium to the University.
Inform the University of any changes in personal details or address.
- All vehicles should be parked in the allotted place. No vehicle will be allowed to enter the University premises during the University timings. Students coming by two wheelers have to compulsorily wear Helmet. Two wheelers will not be parked without Helmet. Vehicles found parked in unauthorized places shall be
- Students who want to avail bus facility in between the session will have to pay full bus fee for the
- Students who are not availing the bus facility but caught travelling in bus will be charged with full bus fee as
- While attending college functions, the students will conduct themselves in such a way as to bring recognition to themselves and to the
OUI Discipline and Conduct Rules for Students
- Level of Misconduct and Indiscipline
All acts of violence and all forms of mob activities such as gheraos, sit-ins or any variation of the same which disrupt the normal academic and administrative functioning of the University. and/or any act which incites or leads to violence.
- Gheraos, laying siege or staging demonstrations around the residence of any member of the OUI community or any other form of coercion, intimidation or disturbance of right to privacy of the residents of the
- Sexual harassment of any kind which shall also include:
- Sexual proposition/advancements, sexually graphic comments of a body, unwelcome touching, patting, pinching or leering or persistent offensive or sexual jokes and/or vulgar comments.
- Eve-teasing or disrespectful behavior or any misbehavior with a girl student, woman staff member/visitor. Ragging in any form.
- Committing forgery, tempering with the Identity Card or University records, impersonation, misusing University property (movable or immovable), documents and records, tearing of pages, defacing, burning or in any way destroying the books, journals, magazines and any material of the library or unauthorized photocopying or possession of library books, journals, magazines or any other
- Furnishing false certificates or false information in any manner to the
- Arousing communal, caste or regional feeling or creating disharmony among
- Using insulting, inciting, threatening language when talking with fellow students inside or outside the campus.
- Students talking or behaving in any manner inside or outside the University in a way that would bring disrepute to the
- Use of abusive, defamatory or derogatory language against any member of the University Community.
Causing or colluding in the unauthorized entry of any person into the Campus or in the hostel. Accommodating unauthorized guests or other persons in
- Indulging in acts of gambling, possessing or consuming or distributing alcohol, harmful drugs, illegal narcotics, ghutkas and smoking cigarettes in the University
- Damaging or defacing any property of the
- Misusing University resources and facilities such as library, software, computers and internet or causing any type of damage to intranet and computer security system of the University.
- Harming reputation of the University or individual (fellow students and institute staff) through social and electronic
- Not disclosing one’s identity when asked to do so by a faculty member or employee of the University who is authorized to ask for such
- Improper behavior while on tour or
- Violation of security and safety rules notified by the
- Any other offence under the law of
- Any intimidation or insulting behavior towards a student, staff or faculty or any other person.
- Any other act which may be considered by the Chancellor/Vice Chancellor/Registrar or any other competent authority to be an act of violation of discipline and
Punishment for Violation of OUI Rules and Regulations
The competent authority may impose any of the following punishments on any student found guilty of any of the acts of indiscipline or misconduct and violation of General and Academic Rules and Regulation of the University.
For Level 1 of Misconduct and Indiscipline
- Expulsion from the University and/ or
- Rustication up to four semester period and/or declaring the entire OUI Campus out of bounds.
- Fine up to Rs. 50,000/-. (In case of Ragging as per Supreme Court ruling)
- Logging of FIR with the
For Level 2 of Misconduct and Indiscipline and Violation of General and Academic Rules and Regulations
- Admonition/ Reprimand and submission of bond or affidavit on Rs. 10/- stamp paper duly
- Deduction of marks from General Proficiency Marks and Teacher Assessment
Fine up to Rs. 20,000/-
- Recovery of any kind, such as scholarship/fellowship, any dues, cost of damages
- Withdrawal of any or all facilities available to a student as per, OUI Rules (such as Scholarship/Fellowship, hostel )
- Suspension from the University for a Specific Period.
General Guidelines for Implementation of Punishments
- No punishment shall ordinarily be imposed on a student unless he/she is found guilty of the offence for which he/she has been charged by a Proctorial or any other inquiry committee after following the normal procedure and providing due opportunity to the student to defend
- Students found guilty in any in-disciplinary activity by the Proctorial board, one “Red Mark” will be marked against his / her profile. Further if number of such red marks exceeds to 3 during his/her entire course duration, he/she will be automatically debarred from the campus placement and hostel if he/ she is a hosteller. Further red marks may result in to expulsion from the
- However, if a student improve his / her conduct, behavior, attendance, percentage of marks and takes keen interest in student welfare, he/ she can give application to the proctorial board to remove red marks. If board is satisfied with the improvement, then the board may remove such red marks from the student’s
- In case the Vice-Chancellor or any competent authority is of the opinion that on the basis of the available material and evidence on record, a prima facie case exists against a student, he may order the suspension of the student including withdrawal of any or all facilities available to a bonafide student pending proctorially or any other
- In case any dispute arises with regard to the interpretation of any of these Rules the matter shall be referred to the Vice-Chancellor/ Registrar, whose decision thereon shall be
- The University is not responsible for the loss, theft, or damage of any personal property owned, operated, or possessed by the student, guest(s), parents, or family members which may be held, located or stored in any residential unit or anywhere else on the University-owned or leased property. The student understands and expressly agrees to accept all risks of such losses or