About the University
Oriental University is spread over 77 acres of lush green sprawling campus on Indore-Ujjain highway near the international airport and new proposed railway station. The University is designed by the most eminent contractors of modern India. Currently, the University’s exquisite infrastructure houses spacious classrooms with the latest teaching aids, well-equipped laboratories, and workshops.
OU combines innovative teaching and pioneering research in a highly collaborative environment that transcends traditional academic boundaries. It provides student and faculty exceptional opportunities for intellectual, professional and personal growth. The research activities will not be confined to engineering and pure & applied sciences, rather it’ll cover social sciences such as geography, history, philology, and literature. The curriculum adopted is industry-specific and OU plays a vital role in bridging the long gap between the extremely demanding corporate and the mediocre curriculum running in many universities.
Digital technology is becoming the central axis, rapidly redefining the way we live and work. Countries, companies and social organizations are enhancing their use of technology to stay competitive in the race to the future. In the business world digital technologies have started reshaping the way work is done. Organizations know that if they are to stay relevant, they have to embrace the digital age. But the way they execute this transformation makes a big difference in whether they achieve what they’ve set out to. There is no debate over whether digital innovation is a profound force in our economy. The digital economy isn’t just about speeding up communication across borders or changing the skills workers need; it is about changing the very nature of consumption, competition and how markets operate. More profoundly, it is also driving a significant shift in the balance of power between organizations and individuals.
The National Conference on Managing Business Challenges in the Digital Age focusses on all areas of technology and innovation that are reshaping the business in this digital age. It also focusses on opportunities created by digital innovation as well challenges posed by it. The conference invites research contributions in the various interdisciplinary fields. The sub themes mentioned are not exhaustive.
Conference Tracks and Sub Themes
Track 1: Marketing
- Technology and Innovation in Marketing
- Marketing Strategy and Digital Innovation
- Innovation in the Competitive Age
- Challenges in Techno-Marketing
- Digital Marketing as a Competitive Strategy
- Digital Disruption
- Value Creation
Track 2: Finance & Commerce
- Green Finance
- Quantitative Modeling in Finance
- Green Politics and Ecological Economic Growth
- Advancing Economics and Innovations
- Technology Development & Innovations in Finance
- International Trade, Investment and Economic Integration
- Financial Inclusion and Sustainability
- Environmental and Sustainable Economic Development
- Financial Analytics including Cloud Accounting
Track 3: Human Resource Management
- Building A Sustainable Leadership Pipeline in Organizations
- Training, Coaching and Leadership for Dream Companies
- Measuring the Impact of HRfor Performance and Bottom-line Improvement
- Technology Transformation and Work Life Balance
- Green HRM
- Cutting Edge Approaches to HR Challenges
- Technology and HR Professionals
Track 4: General Management
- Challenges in Technology driven Business
- Digital Transformation in Smart Manufacturing
- Entrepreneurism and Business Growth
- Workplace Innovation
- Business Transformation
- Sustainability in Supply Chain Management
- Innovations and Sustainability Management
- Inspirational Corporate Social Responsibility
Track 5: Interdisciplinary
- Big Data, IoT and Transformation
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Emerging Technologies in Business
- Role of ICT
- Sustainable Agriculture Practices
- Breakthrough Innovation & Creativity
- Women in Business and Leadership
Call for Papers
Digital technologies are one of the most important sources of growth for national economies. They enable economies to create more jobs, improve people’s lives and build better and greener societies. Citizens, enterprises, universities and governments become increasingly connected in the digital world. Digital is changing people’s lives: the way they work, shop, socialize, communicate and educate. In today’s age, every aspect of a business from operations to management is running using digital tools. Digital technologies have reshaped traditional industries and transforms the business environment, from fashion to automotive, from transport and logistics to energy distribution. They are enabling businesses to faster develop and bring to market innovative products and services that it was impossible to think about before.
The National Conference on Managing Business Challenges in the Digital Age aims to encourage academicians, entrepreneurs, researchers, industry people and practitioners to present and discuss their research findings to help the creating new knowledge focusing on transforming present business paradigm through innovation and technology.
We invite original research papers, articles and case studies from academicians, research scholars, industry people, policy makers, practitioners and students on the theme and sub-themes of the conference. The conference is aimed at providing a common platform for the interaction of ideas, experience, information and research findings to bridge the gap between industry and academia.
All papers will follow a double blind review process and abstract of the papers presented in the conference will be published in conference proceedings with ISBN.
Selected papers will be published in the following journal at no extra cost based on quality, relevance, originality and other consideration from editors and reviewers.
International Journal of Technology Transfer and Commercialization
(Published by Inderscience Publishers)
Who Should Attend
- Industry People
- Policy Makers
- Research Scholars
Guidelines for Abstract and Research Articles
The following guidelines should be followed for abstract and papers submitted in the conference:
- An original article should be between 5000 – 7000 words.
- The research article should include the following section
- Review of Literature
- Research Hypotheses (If any)
- Research Methodology Adopted
- Results and Discussion
- Theoretical and Practical Implications
- Articles may be formatted in double spacing by using Times New Roman 12 point font on A4 size page with page margin of 1 inch all around. Reference should be single spaced.
- The title should be as short as possible, with no abbreviations or acronyms.
- The abstract should be in 200 words, maximum 250. The abstract should contain 5-6 keywords.
- Use Harvard style of referencing for in text citations as well as full reference at the end. It is imperative to ensure that all works cited in the text are included in the References section.
- The first page of the articles should include the following:
- Title of the Article
- Author’s Information which include position, department, name of institution, full postal address and email address for each author.
- The original paper should start from the next page and should not contain any identifying information for facilitating blind review process.
All submissions must be addressed to
- Conference Dates : 8th – 9th May 2020
- Abstract Submission Deadline : 25th March 2020
- Acceptance of Abstract : 31st March 2020
- Full Paper Submission Deadline : 25th April 2020
- Acceptance of Full paper : 30th April 2020
- Registration Deadline : 4th May 2020
Registration Fee and Payment Details
- Faculty and Research Scholars : 1200
- Corporate Delegates : 1500
- Student (UG/PG) : 750
MODE OF PAYMENT
- Online Payment: Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card
Account Name : ORIENTAL UNIVERSITY, INDORE
Account Number : 07881131000847
Account Type : Current account
Bank : Oriental Bank of Commerce
Branch : Jakhiya, Indore
IFSC Code : ORBC0101697
Dr. K. L. Thakral
Chancellor, Oriental University, Indore
Dr. Dhruva Ghai
Vice-Chancellor, Oriental University, Indore
Dr. Garima Ghai
Dean (Academics), Oriental University, Indore
Dr. R. K. Jain
Dean (Research), Oriental University, Indore
Er. Gaurav Thakral
Executive Director, Oriental University, Indore
Mrs. Sonia Thakral
Assistant Director, Oriental University, Indore
Dr. Prachi Maheshwari
Conference Convener, Mobile: +91 8375008360
Dr. Dheeraj Nim
Conference Co-Convener, Mobile: +91 9755049750
Dr. Bharat Singh Kushwah
Conference Member, Mobile: +91 9009311141
Dr. Neelu Gupta
Dr. Manjari Gupta
Ms. Garvita Sadani