National Webinar on “Recent Trends and Challenges in VLSI Fabrication Technology” represents a unique category of webinars which focus only on research oriented activities. Dr. Vikas Maheshwari covered almost all aspects of the methodology, properties, application, challenges, advantages of the required materials etc in the field of VLSI Fabrication Technology, including some unique numerical examples of research simulation tools, whereas at the end of each session, participants were allowed to ask questions. After the conclusion of the event Dr. Vikas Maheshwari shared his presentation for the participants.
Following topics were covered by the expert during the event:
- MOS Structure
- Metal Gate Technology Vs. Polisilicon Gate Technology
- Requirement of High K Materials
- Required Properties of High K Oxide
- High K Dielectric Materials
- Comparison of alternate Dielectric Materials with SiO2
- Relevance of high-K Materials in Microelectronics
- Major Applications of High-k Materials,
- Metal Gate Technology: Requirement, Advantages of Metal Gate over poly
- Silicon Gate, Material used for Metal Gate.