Oriental University exclusively established Research Cell for upliftment of research and started Doctoral Programs (Ph.D.) in the year 2015. Doctoral Program (Ph.D.) is governed by Ordinance 10 of the University. The Ph. D. Program in the University are offered by the faculty of Engineering & Technology, Faculty of Business Management, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Commerce, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Law and Faculty of Science. The Dean Research Studies is mentoring Doctoral Studies and Research activities for various Ph.D. program run by the constituent Institutes by the University.
The University offers Full-Time Ph. D. Program and Admission is scheduled bi-annually and the Announcement in the Newspaper / Website is also published time to time.
Candidate for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy must, at the time of application hold Master’s degree with at least 55% in Engineering, Science, Management, Computer Application, Pharmacy, Humanities, Commerce, Education, Law.
Subject to the conditions stipulated in these Regulations, the following persons are eligible to seek admission to the Ph.D. Program:
- Candidates who have cleared the M. Phil. Course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the same Institution in an integrated program.
- Relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC / ST / OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) / Differently-Able and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time. A person who’s M.Phil. The dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. program of the same Institution.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M. Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph. D. Program.
Procedure for Conduct of Entrance Test :
Structure of Test :
All those who are not exempted from the entrance test of Doctoral Programs will be required to take the entrance test. the format of entrance test will be similar to that of National Eligibility Test of UGC. the entrance test for enrolling in Ph. D. Program shall be conducted by the university. The date and place of which shall be announced through a notification.
The contents of the test will be as follows :
- General analytical skill/mental ability, including reasoning.
- English communication skill.
- Foundation of the relevant subjects in multiple choice questions (MCQ) and descriptive type questions on the relevant subject up to PG level.
Exemption from Entrance Test :
- Candidates who have qualified the UGC/ CSIRIDST/ National/ State level Fellowship / GATE / GPAT / SLET / NET / M. Phil. shall be admitted directly without the entrance test
- Candidates who have been awarded teachers fellowship by statutory bodies for doing Ph.D. degree shall also be admitted directly without the entrance test.
Doctoral Programs (Ph. D.) In the Following Streams :
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) / Computer Science (CS)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EX)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC)
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Chemistry
- Faculty of Maths
- Faculty of Physics
Fees Schedule :
|Entrance Fees||Rs. 1,500 /-|
|After written test and personal interview (Post DRC)||Rs. 60,000 /-|
|Enrollment Fees||Rs. 250 /-|
|For Course Work Examination Fees||Rs. 5,025 /-|
|After course work completion (Before RDC)||Rs. 50,000 /-|
|After 6 months from the date of RDC||Rs. 50,000 /-|
|After 1 Year from the date of RDC||Rs. 50,000 /-|
|Prior to PSDC (Pre Submission Defense Committee)||Rs. 25,000 /-|
|Total||Rs. 2,41,775 /-|
( Fees for Complete Coursework)
For more details contact :
Prof. Dr. Rajendra K. Jain (Dr. R. K. Jain)
Oriental University, Indore
Contact Number : 0731-2448655 (Timings 10:30 am to 5 pm Monday to Saturday)